The Galante Family Winery Conservation Scholarship
Proposals are solicited from citizens of primate habitat countries for the Galante Family Winery Conservation Scholarship. The scholarship monies (up to $2500) are to be used for primate conservation education and training. This may include such activities as transportation to a training course or educational program, course or event fees (including online courses or workshops BUT not conferences), and/or expenses during the event period. Please note that this scholarship is not intended for the purpose of attending the IPS congress or the IPS pre-training congress programme.
Those interested in receiving this scholarship should:
- be officially enrolled in an academic institution or a similar organization (taking courses, instructing courses, conducting research or conservation work related to nonhuman primates)
- provide information about the program of interest (courses, congresses, symposia, field work, etc.)
- send a letter explaining their interest in participating in the course, training event, or program
- send a C.V.
- include a letter of acceptance for the respective course or program
- provide two letters of recommendation (which can be sent directly by the referees to T.Humle @ kent.ac.uk)
All material must be in English. Please send completed applications and any questions to the Vice-president (VP) for the Conservation Committee, Dr. Tatyana Humle (T.Humle @ kent.ac.uk)
(Note – if you do not receive confirmation of receipt of your application within 1 week of submission, please contact the committee VP listed above.)